How to Fill
The GardenSoxx EZ Filler is a simple method for filling GardenSoxx mesh in short lengths. Simple to use, especially for children, this makes school and home projects go smoothly. Have a compost mix, potting soil or growing medium you already like? Use any bagged or bulk media to fill your own GardenSoxx. Add a drip irrigation kit for a complete garden, ready to plant!
How much media will I need?
- Cut GardenSoxx mesh to desired length, including enough mesh to close the GardenSoxx.
- Note: A knot requires 6 inches of mesh
- If using knots, 3 feet of mesh creates a 2-foot GardenSoxx
- Close one end of the mesh with a knot or a zip tie.
- Pull the open end of the mesh over the bottom of the EZ Filler.
- Fill the EZ Filler with compost or soil.
- Lift the EZ Filler slightly, allowing soil to fall into the closed end of the mesh. Continue until mesh is almost full (leave enough mesh to close the GardenSoxx.)
- Remove the EZ Filler from the mesh, and close mesh with a knot or zip tie.
Tip: Lay the filled GardenSoxx on the ground with the closures on the sides; roll the GardenSoxx back and forth to create a log shape, as pictured above.